April 2022 Calendar and Menus:
Important District Dates:
Saturday, May 7th, 2022 – JH/HS Band and Chorus Concert at High School in Broadlands at 5:00 PM.
4/29 - Senior Trip
4/29 - Track @ Monticello @ 4:30 pm Girls only
4/29 - Track @ SJO @ 4:30 pm Boys only
4/29 - IESA Organizational @ North Ridge
Homer-Menu change for Friday, April 29, 2022:
BBQ Chicken Fillet, Rice, Mixed Veggies, Mixed Fruit, and Milk.
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- JH Track meet TODAY, April 28th at Hoopeston at 4 PM. The bus will leave from Homer ONLY at 2:15 PM. Good luck!
- The 5-12 Band and 7-12 Chorus Spring Concert will be held on Saturday, May 7th, 2022 at 5:00 PM in Broadlands at Heritage High School. Dress code is ‘your spring best’! All of our bands and choirs will perform, and we will recognize students who have excelled in performance throughout the year!
- Coach Charles would like to meet with any student currently in 5th – 7th grade that is interested in playing JH Baseball next year during lunch time on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022. This will be a quick lunch meeting to talk baseball plans and goals.
The 2021-22 Little Hawks Yearbook order forms are due by May 13, 2022. You may return your order form with a check or cash ($20.00) to the school or you may order online. Go to yearbookforever.com to
place your order. Online orders will cost $21.25. You are able to add
extras to your yearbook for additional fees with online orders only. If
you have questions, please email Shelley Tison at email@example.com.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- There are sign up sheets on Mrs. Hermosillo's door for the last Art Club volunteer opportunities to get points for the Art Club field trip! Remember you need to have 30 points and must be passing all of your classes to attend the trip to Allerton Park on May 17th. Sign up ASAP!
- Finals will be May 25th and 26th. All students must be in attendance. If for some reason you will not be able to attend either of those days you must let the office know by May 1st.
- May 2nd is Decision Day celebration! Graduating seniors can wear t-shirts/sweatshirts of where or what they have decided to do after graduation. Trade workforce or college!
- Art Students! Remember this week is Art Show prep week! Bring in the artwork that you would like to feature in the show. All work must be matted and ready to hang by Monday, May 2nd.
- On May 3rd Heritage High School will be holding the NHS inductee ceremony starting at 6 pm.
- On May 4th we will be conducting the AP English test at 8:15 am.
- On May 4th Heritage High School will be hosting our Honors Banquet starting at 6 pm. At that time we will also be introducing this years Hall of Fame candidates. Invitations for those students invited have been mailed. RSVPS need to be turned in by TODAY, April 29.
- On May 5th HHS will be holding an all school award ceremony at 9 am.
- The deadline to send in for the Bosch family scholarship videos is May 6th.
- The 5-12 Band and 7-12 Chorus spring concert will be Saturday, May 7th at 5 pm at the high school. Dress code is Your Spring Best! All of our bands & choirs will perform and we will recognize students who have excelled in performance throughout the year.
- On May 9th we will be conducting the AP Calculus test at 8:15 am.
- There is a cheer tryout sign up sheet in the office if you are interested in trying out for the squad for next school year! There will be two clinics to learn tryout material. It is mandatory that you attend at least one of the clinics. It is recommended that you attend both clinics if possible. Clinic dates will be: Monday May 9th from 6-8pm and Tuesday May 10th from 6-8pm. Tryouts will be Thursday, May 12th at 5 pm.
- Attention Seniors and Senior Parents: We are in need of senior pictures for the yearbook. We need your senior picture for the yearbook by Friday, April 29. We have a g-mail account set up that you can email photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send pictures in with your senior that we can scan in. REMEMBER! If we don't have the pictures we can not use them! Thank you!
- SENIOR PARENTS: Clarification for pictures for the senior slide show. We need 1 baby picture and 1 senior picture. Then if you have any pictures of some of the kids together throughout the years we will add those to the selection to possibly be added in. We will not use all of the pictures but the more we have to choose from the better.