Important District Dates:
September 27-30, 2021 - Parent Teacher Conferences
October 1, 2021 - No School
9/30 XC @ Homer @ 4 PM
9/30 GBB @ home @ 6 PM
Click here for Homer's September Lunch Men
9/30 Volleyball against Arthur-Lovington @ PM (Senior Night)
9/30 XC @ Monticello @ 4:30 PM
9/29 FFA Chapter meeting @ 6:00 PM
10/13 PSAT offered for Juniors
10/13 Junior Night @ 6-7 PM
Click here for Broadland's September Lunch menu
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- The next JH Cross Country meet will be Thursday, September 30th in Homer at 4:00 PM. Good luck!
- The next JH Girls Basketball game will be played at home on Thursday, September 30th against Westville at 6:00 PM. Good luck girls!
- Picture Day was Monday, Sept. 27th! As a reminder all students were photographed regardless of your intentions to purchase any picture packet. However, on-line ordering is still available with the following codes to be used when ordering at Inter-State.com/order: Heritage Elementary code 59168QB and Heritage Jr. High code 59168ZB.
- PTC will be hosting a Hawk Walk on October 7th! We are excited to bring this event back to Heritage! As of late and even before COVID, our fundraisers have not been as fruitful as they’ve been in the past. Luckily we’ve still been able to fulfill most teacher requests and keep many of the fun student activities we’ve always done, but we’d like to do and give more! This walk-a-thon has the potential to give us a big boost, but we need your help to keep students excited and engaged. Please be looking for more information to come regarding our upcoming activities and of ways you may be able to help.
- Any 6th-8th grade boy interested in basketball this year is welcome to attend open gym TODAY, September 29th from 3:00-4:15 p.m. Athletes must have a current physical on file in order to participate. No shuttles will be provided. Open gyms will continue at the same time for the next two consecutive Wednesdays. The official season begins on Monday, October 18th.
As a reminder, we would like to encourage
everyone to continue to show school spirit by wearing your Heritage Hawk
wear or school colors each Friday for “Hawks Friday.”
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- FFA will have a chapter meeting TODAY 9/29 at 6 pm. We will be doing a meeting with an outdoor movie with movie theater snacks to follow. All FFA members are encouraged to attend!
- ATTENTION JUNIOR PARENTS! Date Change: Due to schedule conflicts Junior night will now be held on October 13 from 6-7pm in the HS Library.
- Illinois State University College of Education is excited to host the 3rd annual Future Teacher Conference for all high school students interested in a career in Education on Friday 10/22. We would love to bring a group of students to ISU for a day full of exploring and engaging in careers in Education. This free event will include a dynamic opening session and options for students to choose from a variety of sessions about timely topics in teaching and panels with current Education students. Interested students see Mrs. Hetman by OCTOBER 8th.
- Attention Junior Parents: Post Prom meeting will be held TODAY 9/29 at 6:30 pm in the HS library. Discussion to include fundraising Post Prom activities. Please come with ideas!
- Do you like pizza? Of course you do! Well you're in luck because the Class of 2023 is selling Little Caesars pizza kits! Starting this week and ending on 10/24 ask a junior for ordering information. Thanks for you support!
- Any student interested in Improv Theater Parkland is holding a class starting 10/26. See Mrs. Knott for Mr. Lee for more details.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be TODAY 9/29 for the High School. Please contact the office at 217-834-3393 if you would like to schedule an appointment.
- Online picture orders can be placed at inter-state.com/order using code 59168VA.
- The LGBTQ support group is still meeting in Homer. You may pick up a flyer in the office if interested.
- Senior Parents: FAFSA completion night will be on Wednesday 10/20 from 6-7pm in the HS library.
- Villa Grove will be hosting the Lincoln Prairie Conference volleyball tournament the week of 10/4. Admission will be $5 for adults and $3 for students/senior citizens.
- SENIORS: There will be a short Senior Class meeting during HR on Thursday 9/30 in the gym to pass out fundraiser materials.
- REMINDER FOR PARENTS: If your student is not feeling well please keep them home until they are symptom free and feeling better. Thank you!
- There are order forms in the office for PINK Night shirts. They are due by tomorrow 9/30. Please be sure to pick one up and return it to Mrs. Hooker by tomorrow with payment if you are wanting a shirt!
- There will be a FCCLA meeting on Thursday during HR in the gym. Also FCCLA dues are $15 and they are due by tomorrow 9/30!
- Parents: Just a reminder the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to COVID restrictions parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!