Parents please take a few moments to complete the 5 Essential Survey for our district. Please click on "5 Essentials Survey" above and then Parent Survey.
Thank you and we appreciate your time.
Important District Dates:
Friday, March 19, 2021- Spring Pictures for K-8th graders
Thursday, April 1 - Monday, April 5, 2021 – No School – Spring break
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 – School resumes
3/18 JH Track @ Catlin @ 4:00 PM
3/19 K-8 Spring Pictures
3/20 JH GBB @ Home @ 10:00 AM
3/22 JH GBB @ Rossville @ 6:00 PM
3/23 JH Track @ Westville @ 4:00 PM
3/25 JH GBB @ Home against Gifford @ 6:00 PM
3/29 JH GBB @ Westville @ 6:00 PM
3/30 JH GBB @ Home against Oakwood @ 6:00 PM
3/30 JH Track @ Catlin @ 4:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Pizza Bites Peas Mixed Fruit Milk
3/19 HS FBall @ Home @ 7:00 PM
3/22 HS VBall @ Home against Arthur Lovington @ 6:00 PM
3/23 HS VBall @ Argenta-Oranna @6:00 PM
3/25 HS VBall @ Home against Blue Ridge @ 6:00 PM
3/26 HS FBall @ Argenta-Oreana@ 7:00 PM
3/29 HS VBall @ Bement @ 6:00 PM
3/30 HS VBall @ LSA @ 6:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Tuna Casserole Peas Mixed Fruit Snack Milk
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- JH Girls Basketball has started! Practice will be from 1:30 – 3:00 PM. If any parent has questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Wilson at Lmwilson05@gmail.com. Thank you.
- JH Track meet TODAY, March 18th at Catlin at 4:00 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 2:55 PM and from Homer at 3:10 PM. GOOD LUCK!!
- Any K-4th grade student interested in learning more about Cub Scouts may pick up flyers in the office.
- Attention Heritage families: We are bringing back Heritage Hawk Fridays! Please have your child wear our school colors of red, navy, or silver or dress in any Heritage Hawk fan wear to help show our school spirit on Fridays!
- Spring Pictures will be taken by Inter-State Studio on Friday, March 19th for K-8 grade students. Only students who have had pictures prepaid for will have their picture taken. To order online visit: https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry and enter your order code as follows – Elementary code: 58095N and JH code: 58095R.
- The following camps will be offered by Parkland College this summer. Please visit their website for further information if you are interested in attending. Summer Discovery camps – for kids ages 10-18, ages vary per camp. First Gig camp, Rock and Roll Band Camp - for kids ages 7-17; Quest Camp - for girls ages 12-15; Vet Med Camp - for kids 14-17 (new for summer 2021!)
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- Juniors/Seniors: Post Prom is planning a trip to Six Flags St. Louis for the day after prom this year Sunday, April 25th. You must attend prom in order to attend the trip and you may bring your date if they are from another school. We will have permission slip forms to be filled out by parents/guardians at a later date. There is a sign up sheet in the office. If you plan on attending please sign up by Friday, March 26th so we know how many students to plan for.
- There are Post Prom permission slips on the counter in the office. Forms must be returned no later than NOON on Thursday, April 1st. T-shirt money is also due at that time. Please have exact change for your shirt order.
- Anyone interested in participating in track needs to sign up on Villa Groves 8 to 18 website ASAP.
- Any student interested in summer camps Parkland is offering a number of them. Summer Discovery camp ages 10-18 Quest camp for girls ages 12-15 Vet Med camp for kids ages 14-17. Go to Parkland Colleges web page for more information.
- There will be a softball meeting during HR on Monday, March 22nd for anyone interested in playing softball.
- The 2021 Heritage Prom will be on Saturday, April 24 at The Mill at Sugar Grove in Chrisman IL starting at 6:30 pm. Pictures will begin at 6 pm. Ticket prices will be $75.00 for Seniors and Juniors ($50.00 for juniors with fundraising points earned) and $75.00 for a non-Heritage student or an underclassman. Tickets will go on sale starting Monday, March 29 in the office.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!