As we prepare to dismiss until Monday, November 30th, Heritage Schools wants to express thanks to everyone as we enter this Thanksgiving Holiday Break.
Especially to all our parents, students, teachers, and staff members for making 67 uninterrupted days of in-person instruction possible during these unpredictable times.
We want to continue that accomplishment after break ends and we return on Monday, so a few reminders for everyone:
- Continue the safe practices we have exhibited during the school day so we can continue to gather after break for in-person instruction right through December 18th and Christmas Break
- When any inkling of symptoms appear or an exposure is suspected or confirmed from a family member or another person, keep your child home and call the school
- The school can quickly transition students to remote learning during any quarantine or time awaiting a test result and keep students on track until they return
- Even one student attending school when possibly exposed or symptomatic can result in multiple students and teachers/staff having to be out 2 or more weeks due to school proximity tracing, so err on the side of caution and reach out to us and health care professionals for guidance
- When absent for any days or quarantine period, keep in contact with the school and teachers and keep your student on the daily schedule communicated for the remote learning period
- If Internet or technology are a problem, let us know so we can work with you on solutions
- Lastly, our Heritage school nurse DiAnne Boyd is an outstanding resource, so reach out to the school and her for guidance and with questions. In cases that can become complicated, we have a direct contact with Champaign-Urbana Public Health District for best practices and direction on contact tracing and for timelines for cases or exposures