Important District Dates:
Tuesday November 8, 2022 No School - Election Day (ISBE School Holiday)
10/28 - Fall Parties for K-5 grades.** NOTE date change from monthly calendar.
10/31 - JH GBB against Catlin @ 6 PM
10/29 - XC IHSA Sectionals at Parkland 11am
Heritage Events Calendar October 2022 https://5il.co/1if1h
Homer Lunch Menu October 2022 https://5il.co/1iksj
Broadlands Lunch Menu October 2022 https://5il.co/1iks
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- The next JH Girls Basketball game will be played on Monday, October 31st at home against Catlin at 6:00 PM. Good luck!
- There are flyers available in the office, as well as informational sheets going home with K-5 students, for any student interested in attending the Halloween Party & Trunk for Treats at the Homer Village Hall on Monday, October 31st from 4:00 – 7:00 PM.
- Look for this year’s School Store information to be coming home with students soon! New stuffed animals and prizes will be listed on packet information.
- The 2022-2023 Basketball Cheerleaders would like to invite students to participate in their upcoming little hawks clinics to be held on Nov. 9th and 10th from 5-7:00 PM at the High School as they prepare to perform during Meet the Player Night on Friday, November 11, 2022. Informational sheets were sent home or may be picked up in the office with payment due back no later than October 28th. Please contact Skyler Chesnut at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 217-722-2661 if you have any further questions.
- 2022-2023 Elementary/JH Yearbook order forms are now available for anyone interested in ordering a Yearbook. You may order online here.
- There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any JH Student in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade interested in participating in JH Cheer. Please sign up ASAP if interested.
- Please be patient as we have recently switched school database systems. We are now using TeacherEase. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon and you must stay in your car when dropping off in the drop off lane.
- If sending in snacks or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING/VAPING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- The volleyball team will be meeting during Advisory TODAY to turn in jerseys, vote on team awards, and pick the banquet date.
- Any student interested in the National Guard, please see Mrs. Knott sometime this week to get more information.
- FCCLA will be collecting grocery bags for a service project. If you have some you would like to donate, please bring them to the HS.
- Student Council/NHS/FFA/FCCLA are looking for someone to donate big boxes for our food/toy drive starting in November.
- There will be a parent/player meeting on 11/2 at 7 pm in HS gym for boys basketball.
- Come to the library with your lunch and question and listen to local author Amy Markstahler read from her books on Thursday, 11/3 from 11:30-12:30. Extra credit given for English!
- November 3rd from 3 pm-6 pm will be Herff Jones Parent Order Night at the HS.
- Sophomores and Juniors, if you are interested in traveling to Washington DC in March of 2024, please see Mr. Lee for more info! Our tour website is here.
- Lunch Reminder: Lunches at the HS are now $2.60 per lunch. HS lunches must be paid via cash or check at the school office. You may just send it in with your student to drop it off. Please DO NOT enter payments for HS lunches via My SchoolBucks. Thank you!