October 2021 Events & Lunch Menus
Important District Dates
October 18, 2021 ~ School Board Meeting at Homer at 7:00 PM
10/18 - GBB against Shiloh @ 6:00 PM
10/19 - GBB @ Arcola @ 6:00 PM
10/20 - RIFF @ Homer Library
10/25-29 Fall Festival Week
10/28 - GBB Against Bismarck-Henning @ 6:00 PM
10/29 - Halloween Parties
10/18-22 - Fall Festival Week
10/18 - VBall @ Judah @ 7:30 PM
10/19 VBall @ Agenta-Oreana @ 6:00 PM
10/19 XC @ Tuscola @ 4:30 PM
10/20 - Senior FAFSA Night 6:00 PM
10/21 - VBall @ Shiloh @ 6:00 PM
10/23 - XC Regionals @ Chrisman: Girls @ 10:00 am; Boys @ 11:00 AM
10/24-25 - Millikin Honor Band
10/25 - VBall Regionals TBA
10/30 - XC Sectionals TBA
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- Congratulations to all our XC runners for a fantastic season! Congratulations to Kiara Jones and Clark Roland for ending the season at State!
- The next JH Girls Basketball game will be played on Thursday, October 18th at home against Shiloh at 6:00 PM. Good luck girls!
- JH Boys Basketball season has officially started TODAY, October 18th.
- During Oct. 25-29th, our Elementary and JH students will be participating in a Fall Festival week of activities. This week will offer various dress-up days that students may participate in (if they wish) as our school will be raising funds for the Andy Davison family. Andy is a member of our community who is undergoing cancer treatment. To participate, please bring $0.50 each day ($2.50 for the week) or a flat donation. The dress up days are as follow: 10/25 – Hat day: Wear your silliest or favorite hat. 10/26 – Head to Toe class color war. 10/27 – Favorite Sport. 10/28 – Farm Day: Dress like a farmer or scarecrow. 10/29 – Costume Day: Wear a school appropriate costume or Halloween wear.
As a reminder, we would like to encourage everyone to continue
to show school spirit by wearing your Heritage Hawk wear or school
colors each Friday for “Hawks Friday.”
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- Do you like pizza? Of course you do! Well you're in luck because the Class of 2023 is selling Little Caesars pizza kits! Starting this week and ending on 10/24 ask a junior for ordering information. Thanks for you support!
- Any student interested in Improv Theater Parkland is holding a class starting 10/26. See Mrs. Knott for Mr. Lee for more details.
- Senior Parents: FAFSA completion night THIS Wednesday 10/20 from 6-7pm in the HS library.
- BOOed!!! The following link is a fun way to celebrate Halloween and it is a fundraiser that will benefit the Senior Class of 2022. If you would like to participate please see the details in the link. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0845A8A923A6FD0-booed
- Senior parents: Your seniors were given their cheesecake fundraiser info last Thursday. All orders are due in by Monday, October 25. Money and forms must be turned in on the same day. Any checks can be made payable to Heritage High School. Cheesecake delivery will be on November 8. Our goal is for each student to sell 12 cakes.
- There will be Haunted House meetings every Thursday during lunch until 10/23. Remember at least one of your group members needs to be in attendance at each meeting to be eligible to participate!
- The Haunted House reservation sign up is here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48ACAB29A0F8C43-heritage. The event details are here: https://fb.me/e/2IFzZnySe.
- Any girls interested in playing girls basketball we have four open gyms starting next week. OCTOBER 19, 21, 26, and 28. We will start after school and they will last until 4:30 pm.
- Parents: Just a reminder the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to COVID restrictions parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!
- PARENTS: If your student is not feeling well please keep them home until they are symptom free and feeling better. Thank you!
- Please be sure your students are coming to school with masks daily. We have masks here in case someone forgets one or one breaks but each student should be providing their own to start the day. Thank you!