Important District Dates:
September 20, 2021 - School Board Meeting at Homer's Band Room at 7:00 PM
September 27-30, 2021 - Parent Teacher Conferences
September 27, 2021 - Picture Day
October 1, 2021 - No School
September 2021 Events & Lunch Menus
2021-2022 Annual Calendars
9/15 Baseball IESA Regionals TBA
9/20 GBB @ home @ 6 PM
9/21 XC @ PBL @ 4:30 PM
9/23 GBB @ Armstrong @ 5:30 PM
9/27 GBB @ home @ 6 PM
9/27 Picture day
9/28 XC @ Unity @ 4:30 PM
9/28 GBB @ Gifford @ 5:30 PM
9/30 XC @ Homer @ 4 PM
9/30 GBB @ home @ 6 PM
Click here for Homer's September Lunch Menu
9/15 Parkland College fair 6-8 PM in the Athletic Center
9/16 Volleyball against Cumberland @ 6:00 PM
9/13-17 Seniors/Parents for prepping after high school 3:30-6:30 PM
9/18 XC @ Tuscola @ 10:00 AM
9/18 Heritage Marching Band @ Monticello
9/20 Volleyball @ Chrisman @ 6 PM
9/21 Volleyball @ Cerro Gordo @ 6 PM
9/21 XC @ Uni High 4:30 PM
9/22 The NHS inductee ceremony @ 6:30 PM
9/23 Volleyball @ Okaw Valley @ 6 PM
9/25 Volleyball @ Arcola time TBA
9/29 FFA Chapter meeting @ 6:00 PM
10/13 PSAT offered for Juniors
10/13 Junior Night @ 6-7 PM
Click here for Broadland's September Lunch menu
Thursday 9/16 will not have egg patties
Elementary/Junior High Announcements:
- Students and Staff please note that on Friday, September 17th, Mrs. Sanders would like to encourage everyone to dress in his/her favorite college clothing or colors.
- There is a Regional JH Baseball game TODAY, Sept. 15th against Next Generation School that will be played at Zahnd Park in Champaign at 4:15 PM. This park is located at 2502 S. Staley Rd, Champaign, IL. The bus will leave from Homer ONLY at 2:45 PM. Good luck!
- The next JH Cross Country meet will be held on Tuesday, September 21st in Paxton at PBL at 4:30 PM. The bus will leave from Homer ONLY at 2:45 PM. Good luck!
- The first JH Girls Basketball game will be played on Monday, September 20th at home against Schlarman at 6:00 PM. Good luck girls!
- Picture Day will be held on Monday, September 27th this year. As a reminder all students will be photographed regardless of your intentions to purchase any picture packet. On-Line ordering is recommended this year with the following codes to be used when ordering at Inter-State.com/order: Heritage Elementary code 59168QB and Heritage Jr. High code 59168ZB. Additional reminders will be sent home soon with students.
- PTC will be hosting a Hawk Walk on October 7th! We are excited to bring this event back to Heritage! As of late and even before COVID, our fundraisers have not been as fruitful as they’ve been in the past. Luckily we’ve still been able to fulfill most teacher requests and keep many of the fun student activities we’ve always done, but we’d like to do and give more! This walk-a-thon has the potential to give us a big boost, but we need your help to keep students excited and engaged. Please be looking for more information to come regarding our upcoming activities and of ways you may be able to help.
Students and Staff: Please show your school spirit by wearing your Heritage Hawk wear or school colors each Friday for “Hawks Friday”!
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available as needed.
- If you are needing to pick up or drop anything off to a student or staff member in the building, please make sure to call and make arrangements with office staff prior to doing so.
High School Announcements:
- PSAT will be offered on 10/13 to any interested Junior. Please sign up in the office.
- The National Honor Society inductee ceremony will be held on 9/22 at 6:30 pm.
- Senior/Parent meetings for prepping for after high school will be held during 9/15-9/17 from 3:30 to 6:30. Please call the HS at 217-834-3393 to schedule a meeting if you are interested.
- FFA will have a chapter meeting on Wednesday 9/29 at 6 pm. We will be doing a meeting with an outdoor movie with movie theater snacks to follow. All FFA members are encouraged to attend!
- Parkland College college fair is September 15th from 6-8 pm in the Athletic center.
- Attention Junior Parents: Admission workers are requested of junior parents/guardians to help fund raise for Post Prom 2022. A sign up was sent out via email in August. Three games are requested to be worked at either Broadlands or Homer. If you have not received the email please contact the high school office at 217-834-3393. Thanks!
- Due to some unforeseen issues with our food vendor the lunch menu will have a couple of changes for this month. Thursday 9/16 will not have egg patties.
- Any sophomore interested in taking the PSAT we have 16 spots open. The cost is $20.00. There is a sign up sheet in the office.
- ATTENTION JUNIOR PARENTS! Date Change: Due to schedule conflicts Junior night will now be held on October 13 from 6-7pm in the HS Library.
- .Illinois State University College of Education is excited to host the 3rd annual Future Teacher Conference for all high school students interested in a career in Education on Friday 10/22. We would love to bring a group of students to ISU for a day full of exploring and engaging in careers in Education. This free event will include a dynamic opening session and options for students to choose from a variety of sessions about timely topics in teaching and panels with current Education students. Interested students see Mrs. Hetman by OCTOBER 8th.
- Attention Junior Parents: Post Prom meeting will be held Wednesday 9/29 at 6:30 pm in the HS library. Discussion to include fundraising Post Prom activities. Please come with ideas!
- Yearbook intro meeting during lunch Thursday 9/16 in Mrs. Campos room! Come to learn how you can help make our yearbook!
- School pictures are on Monday 9/27. Picture packets will go home this week. Volleyball and Cross Country pictures will also be the same day. Don't forget your uniforms.
- There is an Art club sign up sheet on Mrs. Hermosillo's door. If you missed our first meeting but would like to be in Art Club be sure to sign up BEFORE Friday. You will be added to the Art Club google classroom so you can stay up to date with all of our meetings and activities.
- Do you like pizza? Of course you do! Well you're in luck because the Class of 2023 is selling Little Caesars pizza kits! Starting this week and ending on 10/24 ask a junior for ordering information. Thanks for you support!
- Parents: Just a reminder the doors are unlocked in the morning for students to enter the building. Due to COVID restrictions parents are not allowed to enter the building. If you need to drop something off please ring the doorbell and someone will assist you. Thank you!