Parents please take a few moments to complete the 5 Essential Survey for our district. Please click on "5 Essentials Survey" above and then Parent Survey.
Thank you and we appreciate your time.
Important District Dates:
March 8-11, 2021 - Parent-Teacher Conferences
March 12, 2021 - No School, Parent-Teacher Conference Week concludes
2/25 JH Vball @ Schlarman @ 5:30 PM
2/25 JH BBB @ Jamaica against Salt Fork @ 6:00 PM
3/1 JH BBB @ Gifford @ 6:00 PM
3/3 JH BBB @ Westville @ 6:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
PB & Jelly Gold Fish Carrots Milk
2/24 HS GBB@ Home against Salt Fork @ 6:00 PM
2/25 HS BBB@ Home against Arthur Lovington @ 6:00 PM
2/25 HS GBB@ Home against Arcola @ 6:00 PM
2/27 HS GBB @ Bismarck @ 1:00 PM
Tomorrow's Lunch Menu:
Chicken Nuggets Loaded Tater Tots W/cheese, bacon & sour cream Fruit Cup Milk
February & March 2021 Calendar & Menus
Elementary/Jr High Announcements:
- The next JH Boys Basketball game will be played on Thursday, Feb. 25th at Jamaica against Salt Fork at 6:00 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 5:00 PM and from Homer at 5:15 PM. GOOD LUCK BOYS!
- Please note that the JH Boys Basketball game on Monday, March 1st against Gifford will take place at 5:30 PM not 6:00 PM as originally scheduled. Thank you
- The next JH Volleyball game will be played on Thursday, Feb. 25th at Schlarman at 5:30 PM. The bus will leave from Broadlands at 4:00 PM and from Homer at 4:15 PM. GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!
- Please note that there will be limited access to all sporting events due to COVID restrictions. Coaches have been made aware of our new restrictions and have discussed them with players. Please discuss with your child what expectations for fan support will be and feel free to contact either your child’s coach or the school office with any questions.
- JH Girls Basketball starts Monday, March 8th! Practice will be from 1:30 – 3:00 PM. Please make sure all sports physicals are turned in to Coach Lisa or to the school nurse, Mrs. Boyd, ASAP. If any parent has questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Wilson at Lmwilson05@gmail.com. Thank you.
- JH Track sign-ups are in the office for any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader interested in participating in JH Track this Spring. More information to come when start dates and practice times are confirmed.
- A reminder for all shuttle riders: The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 AM each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30 AM. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 AM each day.
- Students should be presenting a Self-Check sheet every morning that has been completed by a parent/guardian at home before they are allowed to enter our building. Please make sure to have these forms accessible to help speed up our morning entry. THANK YOU!
- Please remind students that there is no eating or drinking on the bus. Breakfast/Lunches will be sent home with students, but should not be opened until they reach their destination.
- Please remember to discuss with your student as to whether or not he/she will be eating breakfast/lunch that is offered at the school this year. Menus are available, but all lunches will be sack lunches as students will be taking them with them as they leave the building.
- Please check your child’s STI account to keep up with student progress as midterms/report cards will not be printed and sent home. If you are unable to access your child’s account please contact the office for a paper copy.
- NO vehicles are permitted in the circle drive where buses drop off in the morning or afternoon.
- Please remember to be cautious and courteous when dropping off and picking up students in the front or back parking lots. DO NOT pass vehicles and make sure to pay close attention to students exiting vehicles and entering our building.
- Parents please remember that our new front drop off/pick up lane needs to be kept free of parked vehicles. If your student is not standing out front waiting for you, please make sure to utilize a parking spot so that traffic may continually move forward. Likewise, students MUST be ready to exit the vehicle when dropping off.
- Please remember that if you wish to speak with a teacher or staff member regarding your student’s classroom performance, you must schedule an appointment for a meeting. Daily classroom activities are held to a tight schedule and unplanned interruptions may negatively affect academic success in the classroom.
- Per Mrs. Sander’s request and as stated in the student handbook, K-5 students can no longer access cell phones at school during school hours.
- If sending in snack or treats for a class, please remember no home-baked goods can be shared. All items must be pre-packaged and in store box containers.
- If your student will be gone for a doctor’s appointment, please have him/her bring a note from the doctor upon returning to school to show that they were there. Otherwise the absence will be marked unexcused by the school.
- Please remember that there is NO SMOKING on school grounds, and that seat belts should be fastened properly around children as they are being picked up or dropped off on school property.
High School Announcements:
- Any student taking DC or ECCA classes need to apply to Parkland for the fall semester as a non degree seeking student. If you have any questions please ask Mrs. Knott.
- Any senior going to Parkland or sophomore and junior taking dual credit classes you must register to Parkland (sophomore/juniors as non-degree seeking). Let Mrs. Knott know once you have applied. Once you get your letter of acceptance you will need to take an assessment test. See Mrs. Knott for how and what assessment you will need.
- Heritage HS scholarships for this years senior class have been posted on Google classroom. Due dates for these scholarships are March 11 at NOON. Questions please see Mrs. Knott.
- National Honor Society will be holding their annual Blood Drive on March 10 from 8-12. If you are 16 you must have a parent permission slip. You may pick one up in the office.
- Boys Basketball pictures will be at practice on Friday February 26. You may place an order online at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry. Enter code 57759Z.
- The shuttle bus leaving from the HS does not leave until 7:45 am each day. There is not anyone on duty to supervise until 7:30. Students should not be arriving at the HS before 7:30 each day.
- Parents: Just a reminder we have several students coming in without the self-certification forms. Please be sure you are filling these out and signing them daily for your students. Thank you!